Welcome to the Research and Development Division of the Harold Herald. Our goal is to leverage technology to either make life or work easier and more enjoyable. Some of the programs we make are legitimately helpful whereas others are just for kicks and giggles.
- Commonly-Used Russian Assistant
- An innovative assistant that helps you learn commonly-used Russian words.
- Also known as C.U.R.A. – (C)ommonly-(U)sed (R)ussian (A)ssistant.
- This might be the last App the team creates in Ionic.
- Current Version: 1.0.0 (iOS and Android)
- Tran’s Individual Leadership Overview
- A simple program that rates your leadership qualities.
- Also known as T.I.L.O. – (T)ran’s (I)ndividual (L)eadership (O)verview.
- This program was created using Ionic 4; the layout was shamelessly stolen from the Sophie App.
- Current Version: 0.0.2 (iOS only)
- Android version may be available when I decide not to be lazy
- Simple Ophthalmic Issue Exam
- A program that efficiently diagnoses common red eye presentations.
- Also known as S.Oph.I.E. – (S)imple (Oph)thalmic (I)ssue (E)xam.
- This program was created using Ionic 4 merely to see how it compares to Swift.
- Current Version: 1.0.0
- Update (4-4-2020): No longer available on Android due to Google’s terrible policies.
- Glasses to Contacts Converter
- A simple iPhone program that converts glasses prescriptions to contact lens prescriptions.
- The function this program serves is actually somewhat helpful; the user interface of this program is absolutely terrible.
- Current Version: 2.1
Meet the Team
- Harry Tran
- Currently the only member of the team. A one-man wolf pack.
- Operating system of choice: Windows 10
- Favorite programming language: C#
- Hobbies: Taking cheap shots at Google and Apple for producing terrible products and making bad business decisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you dislike Apple so much, why are all your programs iPhone apps?
- I got bored one day and wanted to see how easy it was to make a program using Swift.
- I have an idea for a program, can you make it?
- Our programming skills know no bounds. Get in touch with Harry on Facebook and he’ll see what he can do.
- Are all of your programs free?
- None of the programs we create are professional quality and we feel like we’d be scamming you if we made you pay for them. That being said, the programs do have advertisements in them to help pay for our Ramen Noodles.
- If we ever do create a high-quality program, we promise the price won’t be too steep.